Welcome to TaxSaver Bikes, your No.1 provider of the governments cycle to work initiative. We pride ourselves in offering your Company the highest level of expertise and support with administrating your cycle to work programme completely free of charge; whilst making sure that you adhere to Revenue’s requirements.
We support just under 300 local independent bicycle shops across Ireland. Each store offers your employee’s exceptional customer service, expert advice on selecting the correct bicycle for their needs and the largest choice of bicycle brands and safety equipment available.
Our secure online system is password protected, simple to use, and cuts out 95% of the work associated with the scheme, helping to alleviate the work load of your administrations staff.
We are completely free of charge to you and also to your employees. We genuinely believe in the traditional values of providing excellent customer service to you and your staff members and we are on hand to help you every step of the way.
What Is The Government Cycle Scheme?
The Government Cycle to Work Scheme is a tax incentive scheme which aims to encourage your workforce to cycle to and from work. Under the scheme, employers can pay for bicycles and bicycle safety equipment for their workforce and the employee pays back through a salary sacrifice arrangement of up to 12 months. The employee is not liable for Tax, PRSI or USC charges on their repayments. You also save on deferred taxes on each application of 10.75%
- Your finance department only deal with one Vendor for payment.
- Our secure online data system allows your staff members to apply for their bicycle online, notifying you via email of their request. If your employees do not have access to the internet, no problem! Our system is highly adaptive to suit your needs, which enables us to use one of two other methods to process their application
- We provide you with the salary sacrifice document to be signed by each employee required by Revenue.
- We work in tandem with your organisation when rolling out the scheme by visiting your workplace with sample bikes and information on how they can apply.
- We support your administration team with a helpline so that we can answer any questions related to the scheme saving them much valued time.
- Our website is the only site that offers your staff a search by brand facility so they can find the best price for their preferred bicycle from our range of 300 bicycle shops, at a touch of a button.
- We supply you with marketing material with clear instructions on how your employees can save between 24% – 52% off the value of their bike, up to €1,000.
- We will work directly with you on how best to increase the awareness of this staff benefit to make sure all employees know how to apply. The more employees that take out the scheme, the more your company saves in deferred taxes. (You save 10.75% in PRSI contributions)
- We supply you with Posters and Flyers with clear instructions on how your employees save, so you don’t have to talk it through with every employee.
By increasing the number of people who choose to commute by bike, we could not only turn the tide on Ireland’s inactivity epidemic, but also help our economy. The way we travel has a massive impact on our health and our prosperity. Having a healthy staff is an essential part of running a healthy business.
What are the beneﬁts of getting more people cycling to work?
For the Employer
Employees who cycle to work are Healthier, Fitter and Happier, meaning better performance at work and as a result are less likely to take sick days.
Absenteeism is costing Irish Businesses €1.5 billion each year, that’s over 11 million days or €818 per employee. (Source: The 2011 IBEC Guide to Managing Absence)
More outside Space:
Fewer cars travelling into a workplace means reduced costs for car parking spaces and more room for visitors or freight vehicles. 10 Bikes can be parked in the space it takes to park a car.
For the Employee
Times have changed for everybody, in these hard economic times people need more affordable alternatives than the car to travel to work, and cycling is a low-cost alternative. One in ﬁve cyclists say that saving money was the reason they choose to cycle.
Cycling to work builds recommended physical activity levels into our daily lives. It helps us avoid heart disease, certain types of cancer, type 2 diabetes and obesity. It helps improves muscle tone, build stamina, improves coordination and reduces stress, which is essential for our mental wellbeing.
By cycling to work we get our recommended daily exercise without having to spend any extra time or money to get it.
- Did you know?
A 30km car trip costs €20.95 and has gCo2 emissions of 5,100 – Total cost per KM is based on the following assumption: Car in use is a Co2 Band C, 1.5 Litre petrol Valued at €14,280 based on 16,000 Km usage per year.
- Did you know?
The average cycle commute to work burns 235 calories.
- Did you know?
Studies show that the more people who cycle within their local community there is a dramatic increase in usage of local business, increasing their economy.